This property is not currently available. It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market.
SANDWICH BAR & OUTSIDE CATERING IN THRIVING BUSINESS PARK OFF M27
0 Sq Ft
- Weekly revenues £8k - £5k business buffets; £3k retail. Modern spacious premises with 44 covers inside. 4 delivery vans - 3 refrigerated. Hours Monday to Friday 0700 to 1500 Rent £25k pa no rates. HW1524 £240,000
- LOCATION: Adjacent to the M27 in Hampshire, this superb catering business operates on a 130 acre Centre of Enterprise in The Solent corridor which is home to more than 60 companies employing over 5,000 people. The Business Park is strategically located close to the M27 with the A3M, Portsmouth, Fareham Southampton International Airport and Southampton Parkway mainline rail station within easy reach. Amenities available to employees working within the Business Park include a choice of catering outlets, a public house and a 50-store retail shopping centre. A national Supermarket is also nearby. BUSINESS: This is an established, professionally-run, profitable catering operation with several strands to its business. There is also scope for additional growth if the new owner wishes to pursue further opportunities. Sandwich Bar The health-conscious, discerning, professional clientele visiting this attractive, well-presented lunchtime food outlet, enjoy an extensive choice of salads, wraps, paninis baguettes and sandwiches in a tempting variety of bread types. There is also a choice of hot food options. Whilst most sales are take-away, the store does offer 44 covers in a spacious, contemporary environment where customers can choose from either take-away or sitting at tables. Outside Catering Corporate catering represents a significant percentage of the overall annual revenues enjoyed by the business. With a large, well-equipped, professional kitchen, spacious food prep areas and dry goods storage, volume repeat outside catering orders are undertaken with daily takings of £1,000 or more not uncommon. Deliveries are carried out via a fleet of refrigerated vans covering Havant, Portsmouth, Fareham, Southampton and surrounding areas. There are occasional week-end events, usually from established customers, on 15 or so weekends each year. The vendor does not target Weddings or Christenings but advises there are plenty of opportunities available to exploit if desired. Lunch Box Deliveries The business has several local companies who provide a delivered weekday lunch box service to their employees as a "perk".
- Around 40 lunch box orders are received prepared and delivered each day. Currently restricted to the Business Park and a neighbouring industrial estate. Lunch is delivered for individuals at selected business addresses. Lunch is ordered and paid for via an online ordering system. This is currently a small part of the business but has huge potential for growth as more and more employees become increasingly comfortable with ordering fresh food online
- TENURE: This is a leasehold opportunity with a 10 year lease in place which expires in 2021. The lease is a protected lease within the terms of the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954 and therefore renewal rights apply. The current annual rent and service charges payable totalled £29,244 including water and trade waste collection fees.
- BUSINESS PREMISES: (all sizes are approximate & should be considered 'nominal'.) These spacious modern ground floor premises with fully-glazed elevations enclosing the customer seating area provide views over the adjoining lake and extend to 2000 sq ft/190 sq m. The interior is divided as follows: Customer Servery & Seating Area 30ft 6"/9.3m x 25ft 8"/7.7m (770 sq ft/71 sq m) Kitchen 16ft /4.9m x 10ft 8"/3.3m (170 sq ft/16 sq m) Refrigeration & Prep Area 25ft 8"/7.7m x 19ft 7"/6m (500 sq ft/46 sq m) Dry Store (encloses Manager's private office) 30ft/9.1m x 16ft 8"/5.1m (480 sq ft/46 sq m) Office: 9ft 5"/2.9m x 7ft 5"/2.3m (71 sq ft/6.5 sq m). Staff Rest Room with Lockers & Staff WC facilities 16ft/4.9m x 8ft / 2.5m (128 sq ft/12 sq m) There is side/rear access for loading the delivery vehicles parked behind the premises as shown in the photograph.
Sandwich Bar (40% of revenues): Salads, wraps, paninis baguettes and sandwiches plus hot food options. Take-away trade and 44 inside covers in 2,000 sq ft premises. Outside Catering (60% of revenues) Corporate catering orders of upto £1,000 per day not uncommon. Deliveries via refrigerated vans covering Havant, Portsmouth, Fareham, Southampton and surrounding areas. Lunch Box Deliveries: Delivered weekday service to local employees as a